Dzisiaj jest: Czwartek, 25 lipca 2024
Imieniny obchodzą: Jakub, Krzysztof, Nieznamir, Sławosz, Walentyna
Vinaora Nivo SliderVinaora Nivo SliderVinaora Nivo Slider
The name of Radziszów appeared first in 1105 in a document named The Confirmation of Tyniec Privileges by Giles, Bishop of Tuscany, A Papal Nuncio as a property of a Benedictine abbey in Tyniec. Afterwards, it was mentioned a number of times in various documents of the abbey. Between 13th and 15th century, the village was divided in two parts, one belonging to two Duchies of Silesia (Oświęcim and Zatory) and the other to the Kingdom of Poland. The Skawinka was a border river. Until 1782, the village was owned by the Tyniec abbey, and afterwards it was taken over by Austrian authorities and handed to Dzieduszycki family by way of reparation. The family sold their estate in the 2nd half of the 19th century, together with a manor house, to Countess Karolina Oksza Orzechowska. Afterwards, the estate and manor went from hands to hands a number of times. At the beginning of the 20th century, the land was sold to local residents, and the manor was purchased by a commune which located there a school, which operated there until 1997. Among persons who have family ties with Radsziszów are General Józef Haller (was baptised there) and sailor Henryk Jaskuła. In 2002, Holy Father John Paul II visited Radziszow during his pilgrimage to Poland, on his way to Kalwaria Zebrzydowska. He stopped near the village church and blessed a picture of the Holy Mother of Haller Family and crowds of parishioners of Radziszów and Jurczyce.
Compiled by: A.A.U. LARGO, Cracow (Poland)


ul. Jana Pawła II 7
32-052, Radziszów

Nasz rachunek:
Krakowski Bank Spółdzielczy
Oddział Skawina

10 8591 0007 0310
0561 8792 0001